Friday, July 18, 2008

Test Holes


Ballast Install 018
Originally uploaded by gkemp
I grabbed some scrap wood down at home depot so I can test out the different hole sizes and find one that will work the best with my though hulls. I found for my scoop hull which has an inside diameter of 1 1/4" a 1 5/8" Hole saw fits snug and has no play. The problem is finding the 1 5/8" is not that easy. Lucky for me I have 2 neighbors who might have every tool on the plant and of course had the right hole saw pieces.

A problem I am having is only 2 of the 3 Stainless though hulls have come in. I have the plastic ones as back up that I bought from Andrew but didn't like them as much. The problem is this the Stainless though hull needs a 1 5/16" hole for a nice tight fit while the plastic needs a 1 3/8" hole for a tight fit and the 1 5/16" is too small. I need to get these holes drilled today if possible, but might hold off on the front vent until I get the Stainless.

No comments: